1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YouTube Fairly reasonable target

Discussion in 'Milestones & Achievements' started by iPlayBad, Feb 20, 2017.

1. iPlayBad

iPlayBad TGS Fan TGS Newbie

Hey everyone!

At the time of typing this, we have 15 subscribers.
    I have seen that it's good to set targets so I'm going to set a realistically reasonable target.
    The target I'm setting is 20 subs by the end of the month (28th Feb).
    We'll carry on uploading our regular content and see how far that takes us!

Let me know if this is a stupidly low target or if you agree that it's good to start small!

Thanks,
    iPlayBad

• Like Like x 1
  2. DefinitelyRussian

DefinitelyRussian TGS Forum Favorite TGS Gamer

That's a very realistic objective, hope you can get it, and even more.

You make FIFA videos, that's a nightmare for me, since I work at EA making them lol !

3. iPlayBad

Thanks man, means a lot!

Oh you do, do you? What sort of stuff are you involved with in the game?

4. DefinitelyRussian

Doing Backend for FUT, all sorts of stuff. Player chemistries (backend) was done by me for example. We don't even have access to frontend stuff, it sucks

5. iPlayBad

SOWWI "Backend" ?? what exactly does that mean? haha

So as you work there... are you not allowed to create videos on it?

P.S. Just in the process of editing another of our videos which is the first video of ours that isn't FIFA haha

6. DefinitelyRussian

It's programming software jargon.

I can make videos, but they are terrible games, so I don't even want to waste my time on them

7. iPlayBad

Oh right, I see. Haha so I take it you don't like them videos that we've made lol Playful

Don't worry though because we're in the process of doing other games too!

Are you able to get any sort of "special benefits" because you work there? Like better ultimate team players or coins or anything

8. DefinitelyRussian

I got the special edition free, which comes with 1 free pack per week, for 50 weeks, but that's it.

9. Cragum

Cragum TGS Friendly TGS Member

Judgement day! I have just given you a sub myself to help achieve your target! Its a nice channel you have there, I myself am not the biggest fifa fan (played it twice) but your content is good. I would advice on brightening up you thumbnails as it will help to make them stand out more against others.

• Love This Love This x 1
  10. iPlayBad

Haha judgement day indeed!
    thank you very much! That means we're 2 away... I didn't want to push it because nobody wants to sub to the "sub me sub me" people... I think anyway!

Yeah, we're on to different games now too :) GTA is a favourite between the four of us so hopefully more of that!

And thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure to brighten them up for the future sohappy Keep an eye out on your subscriptions to see what you have influenced haha ;)
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 1, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 28, 2017 ---
    Looks like we fell one short :(
    Nevermind! Not going to let that get us down haha Playful
    Thanks everyone
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 2, 2017 ---
    Another update... We've hit the target... just not in my target date haha!
    On to the next twenty :D:D

• Like Like x 1
  11. amateurgamer

amateurgamer TGS Fan TGS Newbie

Just checked out your latest video. You are doing quite well in all aspects. Of course you can improve further but you have a good start. The thing about growing when you're small is that it's quite difficult. You need more exposure so people can see your videos. Try to be more proactive with social media because that's how I got the growth for my channel. Don't ever do sub4sub. I'd recommend recording some video beforehand so you can do more on twitter without lacking videos to upload. :)

12. iPlayBad

Thanks!
    Yeah my twitter guy sort of quietened down for some reason! It's difficult on that front because we all work different times so it's hard to be on the same wavelength in social media terms.

I think we need to do some collaborations but nobody seems to be up for that with us haha Playful

13. amateurgamer

amateurgamer TGS Fan TGS Newbie

A lot of people underestimate the power of social media. If I were you, I'd make a secondary account so that both of you can do your own interactions. You want people to see both of you which will show on chats and stuff.

As for collabs, it's not always easy when you first start out. You must remember that a lot of channels end only a few months in so people don't want to take chances. Try to find collabs here and you might have more luck. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. DanteofGagamor

DanteofGagamor Noob TGS Newbie

That's reasonable man! Congrats on 22 subs :) (23 now :)

• Love This Love This x 1
  15. iPlayBad

Haha thank you very much!

New target of 30 by the end of March I think...