1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Cuphead Worth Getting?

Discussion in 'Game Lounge' started by Demetrius GRaham, Oct 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Demetrius GRaham

Demetrius GRaham TGS Friendly TGS Member

Hey guys I have seen a lot of videos on cuphead for a $19.99 price for xbox and pc it seems like this is a game I want to pick up. What are your experiences with this game and do you recommend it?

2. Maxxamillion

Maxxamillion TGS CEO & Founder Staff Member Admin

Never played or heard of it but usually indie games are prices at that amount and most likely worth the small price

• Like Like x 1
  3. LetemcomeInit

LetemcomeInit TGS Stalker TGS Casual

The art style and gameplay do look amazing, they've really put a lot of work into the game and it shows. Doesn't look like you'd be disappointed with it at all, go for it mate.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Draco

Draco TGS Fan TGS Newbie

Haven't played it but heard nothing but good about it, I also find the gameplay I've seen so far to be quite enjoyable. I say go for it, even if you don't like it, there's always the refund option.

5. JackkRepublicc

JackkRepublicc TGS Friendly TGS Member

Ive played it for a few hours and I'm having a lot of fun with it. It's a bit like Dark Souls in that it's pretty hard but very satisfying, I'd definitely recommend it

• Like Like x 1
  6. FuryBlade

FuryBlade Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Apparently it's very hard

But worth getting

• Like Like x 1
  7. Demetrius GRaham

I heard nothing but good things about the game. I do like that there is local co-op and not online co-op cause that most likely would be a nightmare.

8. LetemcomeInit

Did you end up getting it in the end mate? Be interesting to see what you make of it!

9. Demetrius GRaham

I have not yet. I have been focusing on getting a new project started and networking with other youtubers. For certain games I haven't had the time yet.

10. LetemcomeInit

Know the feeling mate hah, Halloween is always rammed for me with gigs and getting themed episodes out etc.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Banjo

Banjo Down Since '86 TGS Member

If you're good at old school platformers (mega man) you won't find it that hard. I beat it in a day on an arcade stick. The art style is very nice if you like 30s animation and it's good fun even for someone like me that is familiar with that style of game play. Don't be fooled by everyone that says it's impossible, they are just bad. I don't think it's worth $20. It also forces you to play a certain way, they should have used a classic scoring system instead of setting goals for each boss. Also, it's mostly a boss run the platforming sections were just tacked on at the end of development.

• Like Like x 1